Florida Contractor Representation Lawyer
Construction projects, regardless of their size, generally require legal advice to avoid problems both before and after the commencement of construction. At Linkhorst & Hockin, P.A., we assist Florida contractors in all phases of the construction process. Whether you need help drafting, preparing, or reviewing contracts, need advice on project development issues, delay claims, bid protests, construction defects, or need representation in a construction dispute, our Florida contractor representation lawyers are fully prepared to protect and promote your interests.
Legal Counsel for Florida Contractors in a Variety of Construction Law Matters
The following is a non-exhaustive list of legal issues contractors frequently encounter over the course of a construction job. Please click on each link below to read about each subject in further detail.
- Bond Claims & Defense – We have extensive experience representing contractors regarding both the prosecution and defense of payment bond and performance bond claims.
- Florida Construction Lien Law – A core component of our construction law practice, and specifically contractor representation, involves addressing issues arising under the Florida Construction Lien Law.
- Delay Claims – Linkhorst & Hockin, P.A. represents contractors in disputes over the timeliness and efficiency of performance on construction projects, including delay, inefficiency, impact, and scheduling claims.
- Bid Protests & Disputes – Our attorneys represent contractors relating to the evaluation and prosecution of bid protests and public contracting and procurement law issues, including bid bond issues.
- Contract Drafting & Negotiation – We routinely assist contractors with the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, purchase orders, rental agreements, and other forms of construction documentation.
- Defective Construction – Linkhorst & Hockin, P.A. represents contractors in construction defect disputes over the quality of construction and construction contract warranty claims.
- Design Professional Liability & Defective Design Documents – Our attorneys regularly represent contractors regarding disputes with construction design professionals, such as architects and engineers.
- Default & Convenience Terminations – As not all construction projects run as smoothly as our clients would like, we counsel contractors regarding work suspensions and terminations of construction contracts.
Effective Strategies for Dispute Resolution through Mediation, Arbitration & Litigation
Linkhorst & Hockin, P.A.’s practice is first and foremost one devoted to the effective litigation of construction and commercial disputes. Such practice includes the preparation and filing of all forms of court papers, participation in depositions, appearances in both Florida state and federal courts for hearings, as well as jury and non-jury trials, and appearances before arbitration panels and various governmental agencies throughout the state of Florida. We also regularly mediate cases with the goal of trying to help our clients avoid unnecessary litigation costs.
Speak with an Experienced Florida Construction Lawyer Today
Linkhorst & Hockin, P.A. has earned an excellent reputation among general contractors in South Florida, from Vero Beach to the Florida Keys, for providing sound legal guidance and strong representation in construction transactions and disputes. For fast assistance with your legal concern—anytime, anywhere—please contact our office in Jupiter, FL. We know you work long days and start early. We do, too. Do not hesitate to give us a call.